A reader asked “Will atonement end at Christ Second Coming or the souls will stay in Purgatory until their atonement is complete?”
Purgatory will not exist after Christ Second Coming.
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
The biblical passage addresses the question.
- The dead in Christ shall rise first.
- The living in Christ shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.
- And so shall we ever be with the Lord.
I conclude “Atonement will end at Christ Second Coming” per God’s Grace.
- “The dead in Christ” means all persons that have died in the state of grace.
- “The living in Christ” means all persons that are living in the state of grace at Christ Second Coming.
The Second Coming of Jesus Christ is the most anticipated event in human history, and it is soon to come! However, many sincere Christians have dangerous misunderstandings about this great event that could cost them eternal life! What will the return of Jesus really be like? Will we see it and hear it, or will it be a secret? Who will come with Jesus when He returns? What physical phenomenon will accompany Jesus’ return? Will He return as a spirit, or a real being? What will Jesus bring with Him when He returns? What will happen to the wicked when He returns? What about the righteous? How can I be prepared for this great event?! Make sure to watch each of these 10 things that will happen when Jesus returns, so that you can be ready!